Friday 1 May 2009

Goats and rubber




It's been quite a good day. On checking my emails first thing this morning I found that the person I emailed yesterday, had got back to me already.

A few days ago when the onset of writer's block was rearing it's ugly head, I gave up thinking about it and read my book instead. I fell asleep quite early and consequently woke up at about half-past stupid o'clock.

Wide awake, I made some high-octane coffee and got the laptop fired up again. I was surfing randomly. After I had thought of something to write about, I had consumed so much black coffee, that I was blogging on the ceiling.

Then all of a sudden, out of nowhere, an idea came to me. I finished the post I was writing, then started researching. The idea i'd had, would depend on lot's of different things all having a positive outcome. The final piece fell into place this afternoon.

It is so perfect, I don't know why I didn't think of it before. It will improve my education, health and finances - what's not to like? It will also provide me with an almost unlimited supply of blog material to bore you all senseless with.

There are just a few things I need to do before I put the master plan into action, this means I can't start 'til the 10th of May. Can't give you any more details yet apart from the following:

Goats and rubber will play an important part at first...................






Took the new camera out this afternoon, these are a few of the photos I took.


Part of Chichester College grounds



Chichester is a good city for cyclists



Start of 'The Centurion Way', a bridlepath that used to be a railway track



The Bishop's House Gardens, very peaceful



Sign in window of building next to 'The Bishop's House'

Oh, I nearly forgot. The relevance of the wonderful Beth Neilsen-Chapman to this post ?

There is none, I just heard it on the radio this morning. It is such a beautiful track, it had to be included.

10 comments:

  1. Indeed a beautiful track and 'goats and rubber'? ...... intriguing. Is that another view of the Lavant GW? and am very pleased that the camera is working ..... I think you have an 'eye' .... or possibly two .......

    ReplyDelete
  2. You surprised me, Blogger has been down on my site and at least 47,000 others all afternoon, seems to be OK now.

    Yes, the Lavant snakes it's way through the city (sometimes underground) and eventually drains into Chichester Harbour.

    Chi Harbour is one of my photo projects, the Harbour Conservancy are running a photo comp in conjunction with the local newspaper and Whitby's. The closing date is September 11th, so if I can't get a few good shots in that time, i'll eat my camera.

    Glad you like the photos, I consider that high praise, 70s invited me into her Flikr group, and I have been looking at all your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stupid o'clock is a great time for thinking and usually throws up the most magical ideas & them falling into place in the daylight hours is even better so looking forward to your revelation ...mmmmm however goats with rubber gloves on I must say is not one of the visions I have ever had??

    Loving the photees you have posted especially the bluebells one of my favs :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you 70s, again I have to say that I am very pleased to get compliments from such a good photographer as yourself.

    All will be revealed re 'Goats & Rubber' on the 10th/11th........................

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful photos! Good luck on your endeavors!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thaank you Thinkinfyou, i'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to photography, so i'm never really satisfied with any photos I take, I don't think these are that special, i've got maybe 5 or 6 that I think are really good, one of which I won 2 competitions with. (it's the pumpkins shot on my Flikr page, but isn't reproduced very well there)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Goats? Rubber? Just take care - it sounds quite unhygienic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never fear Archie, i'm clean as the driven slush......................

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dammit - I'm too early for the goats .... patience DP ..... patience

    ReplyDelete
  10. DP: Fracas told me you can be a bit hasty at times........................

    ReplyDelete